Click a service to learn more.
- We'll email you a reminder of your upcoming session
- We'll email you an mp3 file after the session
- We'll comp you a CD of your session
Creating soundscapes and environments, placing actors and voice talent inside of these spaces, triggering the imagination to create its own images (radio movies – who needs TV?), or just reading the copy.
- VO record and edit
- Sound Design for radio and web-audio (flash or download)
- Post-scoring to Video, for broadcast, web and corporate pieces
- 133,000+ sound effects
- 150,000+ needledrops (stock music)
Fashioning bass, drums, guitars, keys and vocals into music with impact – punch. Recording or just mixing, your music can make more of an impression. That’s what we bring.
- Recording, over-dubbing and mixing
- Digidesign’s latest software: ProTools v.7
- Digidesign’s latest hardware: HD Accel 3
- Extensive collection of ProTools plugins [click for complete list]
- Mics: An assortment of large capsule condenser mics as well as small cap ‘pencil’ condensers and dynamics [click for complete list]
- Mastering: Mike Elwood (aka Doc) at the controls
Geography is NOT what it used to be!
We connect you with other recording studios around the country and the world. Put another way, We connect you with the World.
- Virtual recording sessions with out-of-town voice-talent,
- Or, we beam talent and actors from here to anywhere
- We have both kinds of codecs -- APT and Telos, so we can hook-up with almost any studio.
We provide TV monitors for producer, creatives and voice-talent.
View picture with your corporate video, TV spot or QuickTime movie.
Technical -- Our video requirements:
- A DV file is preferred
- 200 meg / minute file size
- Alternatively, video may be supplied on VHS tape, mini-DV tape (not DV-cam), or lo-res QuickTime movie
- Please include a '2-pop' -- something visible at the '2-seconds out' mark
- DO NOT INCLUDE a TC-window -- NO burn-in timecode display
For dvd, broadcast or theatrical release.
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround mixing and encoding
- Dolby Digital ac3 file is created, this is the ‘bit-stream’ file
- A THX-certified 5.1 Surround monitoring system
- Dolby Digital Surround (formerly known as ‘ProLogic’) is not a discreet surround format. It is encoded onto a stereo audio file, and offers a kind of pseudo-surround. While this format is supported, we do not recommend it. Dolby Digital Surround is, however, preferred by some theatrical release houses for presentation in theaters.
Conveyor – spot distribution to radio stations.
Conveyor is the trade-name for our radio spot distribution system. We deliver spots to radio stations, via the internet, in a hi-quality mp3 format (256 kb).
Conveyor is similar to other spot distribution systems:
- Radio stations are notified via email of pending downloads
- Stations then download spots from our servers
Conveyor is different from others because:
- We have one flat rate for immediate spot delivery (typically less than an hour) $12 per station
- Other spot distribution providers may charge on a sliding scale, depending upon the speed of delivery you purchase:
- Their 2-day delivery (day after tomorrow) is priced approximately the same as our flat rate
- Their 1-day delivery (tomorrow) may be around $4 more
- …4-hour delivery …around $20 more
- …1-hour delivery …as much as $100 more
In other words, we provide the fastest-delivery available in the industry, for the slowest-delivery price. This allows you to ‘ship’ spots closer to their air-date without incurring additional distribution charges.
We run a DigiDelivery Server, manufactured by Avid. Here are its features:
- Hi-Res file transfers to other facilities – video, audio and web design
- Twice as fast as conventional FTP shipments (uses a ‘lossless’ compression technology)
- Security provided by data encryption
- Email based and easy to use
- Allows us to send you files, or you to send us files using our server
- Requires the installation of a small ‘client’ application on your computer (OS X and winXP only)
- To download the client software go to www.digidesign.com/digidelivery/clients